MACHU PICCHU BY TRAIN 2 DAYS
Machu Picchu by Train
His Machu Picchu by Train 2 days trip takes you a one of the most incredible train journeys in the world to reach a magnificent site : Machu Picchu!!
This zigzag route upwards to the highest point of the railway (3668m/12033ft), and continues through the typical Andean regions down to the tropical area of Machu Picchu located at 2400m/7873ft above the sea level.
Important facts about Machu Picchu:
– Declared a Cultural and Natural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO, being considered as an important religious, political and administrative center of the Inca period.
-Machu Picchu was interconnected with the entire Inca Empire through the Qhapac Ñan, known route of the Inca roads.
– Its temperature ranges between 6.2 ° and 29.5 °, since it is located in a subtropical zone. Its rainiest months are from November to March.
– Its majestic architecture comprises some 140 structures throughout the citadel.
– The average altitude of the citadel is 2 450 m s.n.m.
– The mountains of Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu are ideal for panoramic photographs of the entire architectural complex.
– Its discovery is due to the researcher Hiram Bingham III who was looking for the last capital of the Vilcabamba Incas.
– Machu Picchu was declared “Historical Sanctuary of Peru” in 1981.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Fairly Easy
- Group Size Small Group
Altitude at Machu Picchu – 2400m / 7873ft.
Train To Machu Picchu – Peru Rail Expedition Train
Distance from Cusco to Machu Picchu – 112km / 69.6 miles
Weather – dry from May to October, wet from November to April
To climb Huayna Picchu mountain you need to book in advance.
Departure time: 03:45am (to be confirmed).
Arrival time back in Cusco 21:00pmish (to be confirmed).
- Fairly Easy First Day on MACHU PICCHU BY TRAIN
First Day on MACHU PICCHU BY TRAIN
We`ll pick you up at 5.45 am to take you to the train station – the train sets off at 6.15am. After a 4-hour journey surrounded by majestic views we arrive at Aguas Calientes (Hot Springs Town) where we will spend the night. There will be plenty of time to relax if you want to have a hot bath in the natural springs!!!
- Fairly Easy Second Day on MACHU PICCHU BY TRAIN
Second Day on MACHU PICCHU BY TRAIN
After the breakfast we will take the first bus (6.30am) up to Machu Picchu. You will have a guided tour (approximately 2 hours) and then plenty of time to explore the mysterious citadel by yourself.
You will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes town for lunch and to be given your train tickets back to Cusco. The train usually leaves at 3.55pm and we will arrive back in Cusco at about 8.45pm.