Ica – Nazca – Paracas 3 days
Ica – Nazca – Paracas
Ica – Nazca – Paracas a perfect combination of mystery adventure in the desert and nature with a glass of wine in 3 days
is a region known for having a great historical legacy from which important pre-Columbian civilizations emerged. The city of deserts, beaches, oases and valleys, is a territory full of magic that still continues to surprise its visitors.
Surrounded by beautiful valleys in the middle of an oasis in the desert pampas of Peru, Ica is home to magical places such as the Huacachina lagoon, which is characterized by the emerald green color of its waters, bordered by abundant and beautiful vegetation
some of the world’s most famous geoglyphs can be seen in the arid San Jose plains on the southern bank of the river Ingenio. On the barren, dry plain, the Nazcas, but also more recent occupants, carved geometric figures and animal silhouettes in a gigantic scale that has not been replicated elsewhere on Earth.
Paracas National Reserve
Is a natural protected area that has for objective the conservation of the marine ecosystem and of the characteristic formations of a portion of tropical sub desert, protection of the cultural and historical patrimony of the pre-Inca Paracas culture, and to promote the rational use of the marine resources. Outstanding the archaeological locations of “Cabeza Larga” and “Pampa de Santo Domingo” where human remains of collectors and fishermen have been located with an antiquity of 6,500 BC. A shelter for sea lions, Humboldt penguins, flamingos and many other birds. Trips to the reserve include visits to the numerous natural and archaeological attractions over its 335,000 hectares (827,803 acres). One of these is the Candelabra, a geoglyph over 120 meters long (394 feet), which can be best observed from the sea, on the route to the Ballestas Islands. The Interpretation Center offers an interesting explanation of local biodiversity and the dangers it faces.
Three small islands, North Ballestas, Central Ballestas and South Ballestas located west of Paracas. Provide habitat for a variety of seabirds that form immense colonies, also sea lions and dolphins, which can be easily observed from a motorboat. The tour to this place is one of the most common from Paracas and takes an average of two hours. It is not allowed to land on the islands. Ballestas Islands
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Population of Paracas:
- 1,196 inhabitants
Location of Paracas:
- Central coast, 16.4 feet / 5 m.a.s.l.
- Plain desert, facing Pacific Ocean.
Distances to Paracas:
- From Lima: 152 miles (245 Km)
- From Nazca: 127 miles (205 Km.)
- From Ica: 47 miles (75 Km)
- From Pisco: 14 miles (22 Km)
Weather of Paracas
- Paracas has a hot desert climate,
- no rain.
- Temperatures in Paracas range from 16˚C to 32˚C
- Paracas’s weather is controlled by the Humboldt Current which carries water from Antarctica up the west coast of South America.
Weathe of Ica:
- Seasons Climate T min. (C) T max. (C) Moisture
- Summer (January – March) Warm 19 33 53%
- Autumn (April – June) cold 13 28 60%
- Winter (July – September) cold 10 25 66%
- Spring (October – December) temperate 13 32 55%
- The city of Ica has a sunny and dry climate throughout the year due to its location in the desert.
- Ica City 409 meters above sea level
- Nazca 585 msnm
- Paracas 7 msnm The altitudes shown are in meters above sea level (msnm).
- Ica 130006 inhabitants
- Nazca 26693 inhabitants
- Paracas 5722 inhabitants
- This according to the latest report of the National Institute of Statistics and Informatics (INEI).
- To bring your passport.
- To bring a jacket because it´s windy on mornings.
- To use sunblock, cap, sunglasses, sport clothes and snickers.
- Don´t use eye contact glasses during sandboarding tour.
- Buy bus tickets: Paracas – Ica at 06:40 a.m. / Ica –Nazca at 9:05 a.m. / Nazca – Paracas at 16:30
- hrs. / Paracas – Lima at 16:05 hrs.
- Transfer In / out (tours).
- 01 Hotel night with breakfast in Ica.
- 01 Hotel night with breakfast in Paracas.
- Nazca Lines overfly.
- Ica City tour.
- Tours: Ballestas Island / Paracas National Reserve.
- Entrance tickets.
- Bilingual tour guide.
- Buggies & Sandboarding.
- Bus tickets Ica – Nazca / Nazca – Paracas / Paracas – Lima.
- MODERATE FIRTS DAY ON: Ica – Nazca – Paracas
FIRTS DAY ON: Ica – Nazca – Paracas; LIMA – ICA
Departure from LIMA to ICA at 06:40 am.
11:30 a.m. Pick up at Ica bus station – Transfer to office.
01:10 hrs. City Tour Ica to visit this places (3 HOURS APROX):
“Plaza de Armas”, here you can appreciate two beautiful obelisk representation of Ica cultural diversity.
“El Catador” Winery, here you´ll receive information about wine and the pisco (Peruvian traditional liquor).
Luren´s Sanctuary, you´d appreciate the church conditions after 2007 earthquake.
Huacachina Lake, known as America´s Oasis, beautiful place surrounded by palms and big dunes.
16:00 hrs. Ica Buggy & Sandboarding- where you be able to have an incredible adventure experience doing sandboarding (Optional).
Transfer to hotel.
- MODERATE SECOND DAY ON: Ica – Nazca – Paracas
SECOND DAY ON: Ica – Nazca – Paracas; ICA – NASCA – PARACAS
08:00 a.m. Breakfast.
08:20 a.m. Transfer to bus station.
11:30 a.m. Reception at Nazca – transfer to the airfield to fly over Nazca Lines (35 minutes approximately), where you be able to see huge drawing in desert of animals lines and geometrical figures.
Time for lunch.
16:00 hrs. Transfer to bus station.
19:55 hrs. Reception and transfer to hotel in Paracas.
- MODERATE THIRD DAY ON: Ica – Nazca – Paracas
THIRD DAY ON: Ica – Nazca – Paracas; Paracas
07:00 am. Breakfast.
07:45 am. Pick up at hotel – transfer to port.
08:00 am.Ballestas Island Tour: we get on board of our 2 outboard motors boat towards the wonderful Ballestas Island, the most important wild sanctuary of the Peruvian coast. Along the way we will see the famous figure known as The Chandelier, an amazing marine life, Peruvian Pelicans, Humboldt penguins. In addition you will also see around the Islands hundreds of sea lions.
10:00 am.Free time.
11:00 am. Paracas National Reserve Tour, where you be able to know Flamingo Overlook, also you´ll appreciate an unique natural formation named The Cathedral; The Red Beach, and then we´ll go to Lagunilla beach where you can find restaurants and enjoy the beach for one hour.
15:00 hrs. Return from tour.
Transfer to bus station.