How to get to Machu Picchu
Speaking of Machu Picchu is also to understand the great desire to visit the wonder of the modern world and according to the age of the visitors, there is no lack of interrogatory of how to get to Machu Picchu which alternatives I have. Thinking about it Picchu Machu Travel Company has designed three different ways to reach the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, which we explain below:
How to get to Machu Picchu by Rail (train)
Machu Picchu Train
You can choose which train to travel on, you will have to choose between two companies:
If you want to go by train to Machu Picchu, keep in mind that no train company departs directly from Cusco and none returns to the City of Cusco. That is why, before boarding your train, you must take a bus or a car to the starting point of your choice. There are three train stations:
• Poroy Station is approximately 30 minutes by car from Cusco. (You can take a taxi at any time of day, the average cost is 30 soles)
• The Urubamba station is located at Av. Ferrocarril s / n, Urubamba City, Sacred Valley, Cusco approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes by bus from Cusco. from the bus terminal of Urubamba to Cusco there are departures every 30 minutes during the whole day, the average cost is from 10 to 15 soles)
• Ollantaytambo station, which is approximately 2 hours by bus from Cusco. (You must take a bus from the Ollantaytambo bus station, leave every 30 minutes during the whole day, the average cost is from 15 to 20 soles)
This company has more variety of schedules and offers three types of services: Expedition, Vistadome and Hiram Bingham, plus it has two departure and arrival points.
• Poroy – Machu Picchu / Machu Picchu – Poroy.
• Urubamba – Machu Picchu / Machu Picchu – Urubamba
• Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu / Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo.
We recommend you to buy the round trip train ticket at the same time, since it will be a little cheaper. When making your purchase consider that the prices vary according to the type of service, the starting point and the time you choose.
This is a company that has less years in the tourism market, offers four services: Tourist Service, Executive Service, First Class Service and Presidential Service. It only has a starting point and arrival:
• Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu / Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo.
You can also combine types of services on the way out and return, either First Class First-class Service and Return Tourist Class.
It is advisable to make the purchase of the round trip ticket at the same time to save prices. Prices vary according to the time and service you choose.
Machu Picchu Bus
When you are in Aguas Calientes, you can buy a bus ticket to the Machu Picchu Citadel from the only CONSETTUR bus company,
is the company of the people of Machu Picchu with more than 15 years providing public transportation services between Machu Picchu town and the citadel of Machu Picchu. or you can do a walk of 1 hour and a half.
How to get to Machu Picchu by Autopista by bus or better known as Machu Picchu by car.
Picchu Machu Travel Company offers car tours:
Machu Picchu by car
The route by bus is a little more tired and needs at least two days. If you want this option, you should do the following:
- Take a taxi to the Quillabamba terminal in Cusco.
- Buy your ticket to Quillabamba and tell the seller that you will go down in the town of Santa María.
- In Santa Maria you must take a collective to Hydroelectric.
- In case you do not find direct groups up to Hydroelectric, you must first take a collective from the town of Santa Maria to Santa Teresa and then to a collective from Santa Teresa to Hidroeléctrica.
- From Hydroelectric you have the option of taking a train to the town of Aguas Calientes, but it is best to take a 2 hour walk along the side of the rails, as you will find beautiful landscapes and you can visit the Mandor waterfalls.
- You will arrive at the town of Aguas Calientes in the afternoon and you should look for a lodging.
- At day in the morning, you must make your visit to Machu Picchu and must be at Hydroelectric at approximately 1:00 pm, so you can find the return buses (the same return route)
- The average total bus time is 6 hours, from Hidroeléctrica to Cusco
We can take care of all this by buying your round bus tickets through our agency (PICCHU MACHU). We will indicate the departure points of the buses. But keep in mind that the route from Hidroeléctrica to Aguas Calientes and from Aguas Calientes to Hidroeléctrica has to be done personally.
Regarding the walk from Santa Maria to Aguas Calientes, although this option is cheaper we do not recommend it, since the time they have to visit Machu Picchu is very short, the trip is very heavy and it is not a safe route. In case of choosing this route you can leave the details to us and take the Machu Picchu tour by car for 2 days.
How to get to Machu Picchu Walking (on foot)
Picchu Machu Travel Company offers tours to Machu Picchu Walking
INCA TRAILS TO MACHU PICCHU
SALKANTAY INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 7 Days
INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 5 days.
CLASSIC INCA TRAIL + HUAYNA PICCHU 5 days.
INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 4 days.
SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU + HUAYNA PICCHU 3 days
INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 2 days.
MACHU PICCHU TREKS
VILCABAMBA, ESPIRITU PAMPA, CHOQUEQUIRAO AND MACHU PICCHU 15 DAYS
CHOQUEQUIRAO TO MACHU PICCHU 9 DAYS.
SALKANTAY TO MACHU PICCHU 5 DAYS 4 NIGHTS
LARES TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 4 DAYS.
INCA JUNGLE TO MACHU PICCHU 4 Days
INCA JUNGLE TO MACHU PICCHU 3 Days
Machu Picchu Walking
This is a good option to visit the Inca City of Machu Picchu, especially for adventure lovers. You will find several alternatives.
In all walks you can enjoy beautiful landscapes, microclimates, villages and terrestrial formations. You will also have time to go to the thermal baths that are on the routes and the last day will be specially dedicated so that you can make the tour inside the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu. The return is by train and bus. If you want to book one of these tours, contact us
¡Now you know how to get to Machu Picchu!
Once you decide how to get to Machu Picchu, consult our Tours, treks and tour packages to Machu Picchu, where you will find the best of our promotions
If you want to book one of these tours, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org (Picchu Machu Travel Company)
NOTE: Do not forget of the check the Inca Trail availability, of 7,6,5,4,3 and 2 days